Thursday, September 23, 2021

So much more (Poem)

I thought that when I got older
I would know better
I would be able to tell
Right from wrong
Good from bad
Black from white

But the older I got
The more shades of grey I saw
I noticed that
Everything comes with
Many layers of complexity

I learnt that
What you see on the surface
May bear no resemblance
To the truth
If at all there is
An absolute truth

The woman with
the beautiful smile
May have pain buried
deep inside her heart
The child with
all the toys in the world
May give it all up
for one true friend

The old man with harsh words
May be longing
for someone to care
The man at the
pinnacle of his career
May be the loneliest one

The older I get
The more I learn
That I know so little
And there is so much more
To seek, to understand,
To learn, and to discover

So much more
Compassion to be had
So much more love
To give and receive
So much more to live
In each day of our lives...

No comments: