Monday, September 6, 2021

Liberated (Poem)

I sit around listless
Not knowing what to do
Entangled in the
Web of my emotions
Trying to make sense of me
Wrestling with the whats
and whys and hows

But the harder I try
The more it slips away
Leaving a bigger void
So I tell myself to
Pause and step back
And let go of my
Pent up frustration
My fears, my anxiety

Stop the endless loop
Of my confused thoughts
Free myself from the grip
Of my own expectations
Put down the burdens
I have been carrying
If only for a little while

And just take a deep breath
Fill my lungs with God’s fresh air
Open my heart up to
All the beauty in this world
Look at the trees
Swaying in the breeze
Gaze at the clouds
Making patterns in the sky

I surrender myself
To the present moment
Detaching myself from
The past and the future
I feel a sense of calm
Descend upon me
And I feel liberated
In this moment…

No comments: