Thursday, August 6, 2026

My Greatest Blessing (Poem)

My life was beautiful and fun
But when you stepped into it
You turned it into a song
Before you came along

You filled up my world
With pure radiant light
Painting it in a million colours
Sharp, bold and bright

Life with you isn't soft or mild
It's colourful, vivid and wild
A full spectrum of love, laughter, tears
Adventure and drama through the years

You make me more human
Stretching my heart in the best way
Driving me crazy on some days
But my biggest blessing always

You are my sunshine
My spark, my hope, my joy
The steady warmth in my heart
The anchor of my soul

My love for you carries
No terms, conditions or rules
It holds no bounds, no ceiling
It's a deep everlasting feeling

Of all the roles I have played
And the titles I have claimed
Being your mom has by far
Been the brightest star

I am so grateful to be right here
With a front row seat to your life
Cheering you on as you
Spread your wings and take flight

No comments: